Why Injectable Vitamin B12?
Injectable vitamin B12 is most needed by health care professionals in treating conditions such as pernicious anemia which cause a vitamin B12 deficiency. Whenever dietary absorption cannot meet an individuals vitamin B12 requirements alternate methods including injection or sublingual absorption are necessary. Injection is the most direct method.
If you’ve done any research on the topic of vitamin b12 injections you know the effectiveness of vitamin B12 injectables compared to sublinguals is a matter of varying opinion. The effectiveness of the delivery method can only be taken on a case by case basis as everyone’s metabolism is unique. It is widely circulated that the only benefit of the injectable is that it hits the blood stream faster and is more easily absorbed, which is essentially true. The only issue left to debate is the relevance of this immediate and direct method of delivery.
Why Is Vitamin B12 Important?
The B vitamins are necessary for various functions of the human body. They are an important ingredient in energy production, body defense mechanisms, and red blood cell formation. Vitamin B12 is particularly important for good neurological health. It is essential for the proper functioning and development of the brain and the nerve cells.
Why Generic B12?
There are no patents or secrets to producing vitamin B12 – any laboratory can manufacture it safely and inexpensively. The simple fact is that the big drug companies will go to great lengths to discourage consumers from buying generic products to increase their profit. Scare tactics are about marketing and not reality.
Injectable vitamin B12 is a prescription item in some jurisdictions due to valid concerns over injection safety, but it is not a scheduled or restricted substance itself. Vitamin B12 is, after all, a vitamin used in the maintenance of health which is found in a whole raft of over the counter supplements as well as in many of the foods we eat as part of a healthy balanced diet.
Vitamin B12 Direct follows a simple business philosophy: offer you B12 as directly as possible. We ship directly from the country of manufacture to you. This no frills process ensures that your order arrives safely to you without additional overhead: shipping, handling and administrative costs that come with unnecessary transit, importation and re-exportation processes.
We are your direct link to the country of origin FDA approved vitamin B12. No unnecessary middle men with their added costs.
While we don’t advise that people self inject these vitamin supplements themselves we offer a safe injection protocol for intramuscular injection as follows:
- Swab the top of the vial with isopropyl alcohol
- Insert the needle of a 21-24 gauge syringe into the vial and pull out the desired measure of injectable vitamin as per your Dr.’s prescription (generally .5CC-1.0CC
- Insert the needle into one of the areas of the body without arteries and few large veins IE. the buttocks (glutimus maximus), the shoulder muscle (deltoids) or the front of the quadriceps large (rectus femoris) muscle of the leg.
- * Before you inject the contents of the syringe into the location you’ve selected make absolutely sure you have not inserted the needle into a vein by pulling the plunger back. If you draw any blood whatsoever into the syringe then withdraw the needle immediately and pick another location.
- Once you’ve determined that your injection site is safe and that the contents of the syringe will be injected into a muscle only, then slowly depress the plunger of the syringe until all of the syringes contents are safely inside the muscle tissue.
- Slowly withdraw the syringe.
- Swab the injections site with alcohol.
- Put the cap back on the used syringe and dispose of it in a safe manner.